Kelli Herbster - Youth Pastor
Hello, my name is Kelli Herbster, and this is my husband Matt, daughter McKenzi, and son Evan. Matt and I have been married for 22 years and currently live in Middleburg, PA. We have been attending GCCC for the last eight years. I love kids and have a passion especially for teens. It is my heart’s desire for kids to know truth and to see them apply it to their lives.
Click here for our Spring News, which incudes all upcoming events!
Click here to view or print the 2012/2013 Jr. High/Sr. High Youth Permission Slip
Summer Youth Retreat "Refuel!"
One thing we know is that when we are run-ning on empty; physically, emotionally and spiritually, all of us need to refuel. There are always things in our life which are draining us, challenging us and wearing us down. And when you get to that point, you have a choice of what you’re going to do.
Join us as we come together and “REFUEL."
Bring a friend so they can relax and refuel with you! Click here for registration brochure.
Jr. High Youth Ministry
In the famous story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego we see the resilient stand of three youth in the midst of severe threats and persecution as they are put into the fire. Does your passion so burn for God that you will stand your ground? Now is the time to get FIRED UP! Come join us at 6:30 pm each Wednesday at The Warehouse for an action-filled night!
Sr High Youth Ministry-
Many say…”Why should I risk my popularity? I’m saved. I’m on my way to heaven. Give me one good reason why I should give up my free time to serve God”. The Truth is, it’s time to take a stand; we have too much at stake not to be outspoken. We have too much at stake not to be fighting on the Front Line! Come join us Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Common Grounds Café.
Vision of GCCC Youth-
To raise up a generation set apart, with hearts seeking God, fulfilling their God-created purposes, ready to step into the world
“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Romans 12:2a (NIV)
- Speaking Life - We are committed to building up those around us, speaking truth and refusing to accept lies (James 3 NIV, Proverbs 15:4 NIV)
- Purpose - We believe God has created each one of us with a specific destiny and His plans are good for us. With His help, we can achieve the impossible. (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)
- Integrity - We are who we say we are, and we strive to do the right thing, regardless of our image, circumstances or earthly desires. Psalms 15:2-6 (MSG)
- Respect - We will honor all peers and leaders by actively listening to their thoughts, ideas and opinions, and we will honor the authority of our leaders. (I Peter 2:17 NIV)
- Safety - This is a safe and fun place created on the basis of structure and boundaries.
- Salvation - We believe that the only way to Heaven is through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, Who brings life for today and hope for tomorrow. (John 14:6 NIV)
Bill Hostler- Sunday Morning Youth Teacher
My heart for the youth... the potential that lies within each of these young
men and women is immeasurable. God has a unique destiny and path for each
one of them. As it is with some things in life, this calling is not based on
age. Our youth house the same Holy Spirit that we are supposed to be
carrying. It is my desire to teach them three things. The first is how to hear
God's voice. The scriptures say that His sheep shall know His voice. We can
learn to recognize the voice of our Creator. As we walk through life, we begin
to realize the purposes of God for us. Second is for these young people to
discover the plans of God for their lives. Thirdly, there is an enemy that wants
nothing more than to see us fail. I desire to impart to them the ability to
recognize that we are in a war where their hearts are at stake. I want to see
them live triumphantly. I want them to fight the enemy wherever he may be found. The gates of hell will not prevail.